On to the topic. Predictions. Art and predictions don't seem to go hand in hand... but with a dem. moving into the White House in January, perhaps more money will be freed up to support the arts. Which leads me to think of both the political and economic realms of life. So my predictions:
- The Dow will fall to 7,000 by this time next year before making a recovery.
- Unemployment will reach 10% before recovering to a more stable 5-6%. It will bottom out next year and take another year to 16 months to recover.
- President elect Obama will have two years to run as far as he can with his agenda, then the Senate will switch power. The House will stay in the democratic party control.
- Partial pull out of US troops from Iraq will instigate even further civil war fighting in that country and spreading further across the Middle-east. This will require not only a larger US force but also UN Peacekeepers and NATO force involvement. Russia will use that time to move in on some of its former states. Watch for this to happen in the late summer/fall of 2009
- US social life will reach new highs, even as the economy sinks. Escapism will boost movie sales, book sales and other inexpensive get-aways.
- Three movie stars will marry and later divorce (each year for the next gazilion years).
- Baliwood will begin to rival Hollywood for dominace on the world market by the end of 2010.
OK so some of these predictions seem far fetched. Can Anyone really eclipse Hollywood? And some seem common sense. But those in the middle... well, time will tell.
Come buy my art or a print of one of my pieces. Just click the Fine Art America box at the top of the page.